-
December 12th, 2003, 02:03 AM
#1
Senior Hostboard Member
Hi all, I am thinking about bidding for a pair of 311/288 and the bid is up in 40 minuites. The eurgent question is; the drivers are 24 ohms so will they work with 8ohm woofers and crossovers? Thanks so much.
-
December 12th, 2003, 07:41 PM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
Todd, I missed the oppertunity. They were at $300.00 until the very last moment then someone jacked it up to over 5 bills...out of my range. Even though they look cool as heck I think they might have been a little too much for my room. I am still looking for the bargan 511s. Thanks for your reply though, now I know for the future.
-
December 13th, 2003, 04:43 AM
#3
HB Forum Owner
Not like they should - the mismatch will mess up the crossover frequency, efficiency, etc.
GET THEM ANYWAY!
- You can send them to Great Plains Audio (which you should, anyway), have Bill remove them CAREFULLY, then he can rebuild them with new diaphragms that match your needs and you can sell the original diaphragms on eBay!
-
December 19th, 2003, 10:45 PM
#4
Inactive Member
What 511's are you looking for? I have several of the 511b's laying in the garage, 5 of them I think.
-
December 20th, 2003, 04:08 PM
#5
Senior Hostboard Member
Hi Charles, I didn't know there was a differents between 511s. Any 511 will do.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks